keshet ideas and innovation community
Keshet Ideas and Innovation Community (KIIC) is a business incubator and resource center for arts entrepreneurs. Housed at Keshet Center for the Arts, Keshet Ideas and Innovation Community (KIIC) was created with support from the Federal Economic Development Administration to expand and enhance strong business foundations for the many dynamic artists and arts organizations in the State of New Mexico. Keshet Ideas and Innovation Community (KIIC) supports and strengthens arts entrepreneurs on their path for sustainability by championing the value of the artist and the arts economy, by equipping creative industry businesses with the tools for success. KIIC creates and shares networks of business resources, convenes industry expertise and provides mentorship to develop the full potential of the New Mexico arts entrepreneur to create jobs in the arts. KIIC works with arts entrepreneurs, including: individual artists; arts organizations; arts presenters and distributors; for-profit and not-for-profit entities; creators of theatre, dance, film, visual arts, music, media arts and more.
KIIC participants can chose from one of three levels of engagement with KIIC.
- KIIC Membership
- KIIC Tenants – have an on-site office at the Keshet Center for the Arts, and receive all KIIC Member benefits in addition to access to appropriate on-site office and development spaces to support their specific business needs, shared business services, equipment and other support services. For inquiries or to apply to be a KIIC Tenant, email kiic@KeshetArts.org or 505.221.5168
- Non-member arts entrepreneurs – may also take advantage of any workshops, business consulting and rehearsal or performance space rental at market rate.
Become a KIIC Member
Membership dues for KIIC:
- $120 annually for an arts business or organization
- $60 for an individual artist.
Membership is available year-round.
KIIC Membership Benefits include:
- KIIC Members receive FREE access to all workshops and events within the KIIC Program.
- Individual Artist Members receive free admission for the single artist member registered
- Arts Business Members receive free admission for up to 5 people per company, per event
- FREE Mentorship Mondays group mentorship
- Discounts for various community resources (consultants, workshops, etc)
- “Shadow” learning opportunities within existing arts businesses
- Access to supportive environment of arts entrepreneurs
- Free use of conference room/meeting space at Keshet Center for the Arts for up to 12 hours per year
- 15%-60% discounts on rental rates (Rehearsal Studios, Black Box Theatre, Soundstage, etc) – LEARN MORE on Makers Space/ Rental of Space
- 25% off tickets to all Keshet Center for the Arts presented/produced events
- 50% off all Class Packages for any Keshet Dance Community classes or Master Classes
KIIC Members are also eligible to:
Apply to become KIIC Tenants. Tenants receive all of the benefits of KIIC Membership, plus have an office at the Keshet Center for the Arts and receive the deepest rental rate discounts.
Apply for the Keshet Fellowship for Contemporary Dance. Fellows are selected annually in the field of contemporary dance. In addition to a financial award, Fellows receive rehearsal and production space for a new work, and arts business learning opportunities. – LEARN MORE
Arts Business Workshops
You’ve spent years honing and practicing your art – now learn some of the business skills that could help you to make a career of living your passion.
All KIIC Arts Business Workshops are FREE to KIIC members; any arts entrepreneur is welcome to take advantage of the classes/mentorship and mixers at market rate (as indicated). To learn more about KIIC Membership email kiic@KeshetArts.org.
Monday 23 5:30 – 6:30PM
Keshet Ideas and Innovation Community (KIIC) Mixer – FREE networking to meet other arts entrepreneurs and KIIC members. Visit KeshetArts.org/ideas-and-innovation to learn more
Mark your Calendar!
November 10-19, 2017
Thursday, November 16 / 8:30pm – 10pm
- Makers Mixer
FREE Mixer – Part of Global Entrepreneurship Week! Calling all Performing Arts Makers – choreographers, dancers, actors, directors, musicians, slam poets, etc! Meet your community,voice your needs,drink some beer. This groovy event follows the Thursday, November 16th 7:00pm performance of Alice:an adventure of wonder and wondering at the Keshet Center for the Arts, join us for the show and stay for the mixer! To purchase Alice tickets call 505.227.8583 [*KIIC Members receive a discount on ticket purchases]
Friday 26 – February 5
Keshet Makers Space Experience: Arts business workshops from local and international professionals and master classes by guest artists/choreographers from across the globe. To learn more visit KeshetArts.org or 505.224.9808.
Sunday 4 / 4:00-6:00pm
Makers Mixer – Join performing arts entrepreneurs from around the city, country, and globe to share a drink, exchange ideas, find inspiration, and see what happens next!
“I came because I didn’t know anything about how to do this, but by the time I left I thought ‘Oh hell, I can do that!”
— Designer & Workshop Participant
“For an hour and half there was a lot of useful information packed in. It provided focus and some goals to better use social media forgrowing my business.”
– Independent Artist & Workshop Participant
“I’ve sent out one press release and, thanks to the KIIC workshops on those little jewels, am totally delighted with the results!”
— Writer & Workshop Participant
Mentorship Mondays + Mixer
The 4th Monday of the month from 4:30-5:30pm, KIIC will have open office hours free for KIIC members and $15 for non-members. Bring any questions that are on your mind for a round-robin style mentorship with your choice of several mentors in the same room.
For more information email kiic@KeshetArts.org
Monday Mixer / 5:30 – 6:30pm
Immediately following Mentorship Monday session, stay or stop-by for a brief Mixer. Network with other arts entrepreneurs and KIIC members; FREE to all
Artist Resources and Opportunities
Artist Resources and Opportunities
Secretary Gonzales and the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs, commissioned a study, Building on the Past, Facing the Future: Renewing the Creative Economy, (http://www.newmexicoculture.org/index.php) which further quantifies the economic impact with the following figures; The arts and cultural sector – contribute $5.6 billion to New Mexico’s economy each year; contribute $2.2 billion in wages and salaries annually; and generate $137 million in revenues for state and local governments.
To receive an Arts Resources email each month, sign up for KIIC news at kiic@KeshetArts.org