Keshet’s 2017 Choreographers’ Showcase
Submission Deadline February 10th, 2017.
Showcase performances held at Keshet Center for the Arts, 4121 Cutler Ave NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
March 10-12, 2017. Tickets go on sale February 17th. Call the Box Office at 505.227.8583.
Choreographers will be notified by February 17th if their piece has been accepted into the showcase (the first 80 minutes of material will be accepted. This is a non-juried event)
Out of town choreographers can request a “Keshet rate” of $79/night at the Hampton Inn next door to the Keshet Center for the Arts. Limited rooms are available, and are not guaranteed, so request and secure your rooms early!
Call the Hampton Inn – University/Midtown location at: 505-837-9300 to ask for the “Keshet rate”
- Please fill out the Submission form completely and submit by February 10th, 2017
Submission does not guarantee placement in the showcase. The first 80 minutes worth of material submitted is placed in the showcase. You will be contacted by February 17th to confirm participation. If you have not submitted to Keshet before, you may be asked to submit a work sample (if the work is still in progress, that is fine).
WAYS TO SUBMIT:
Mail: 4121 Cutler Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110
In Person: Deliver to the address above (Attn: Nichole)
- Provide a high quality copy of your music for use during the showcase.
- Provide rehearsal footage of your piece (this does not need to be high-quality; footage from a phone is good enough). This footage will be used for the purposes of giving the lighting designer a rough idea of the show as well as determination of show order. This footage will not be used to determine whether or not your piece is accepted into the showcase.
- Choreographer and all performers must attend all required tech and performance times at Keshet Center for the Arts; performers not able to attend all required times will not be able to participate. Please make sure that all of your performers (dancers, musicians, etc) understand this expectation clearly. No exceptions.
- All Tech and Performances will take place at Keshet Center for the Arts; 4121 Cutler Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM
Individual Tech Time – a 50 minute time slot will be assigned upon participation confirmation for one of these three days: Tuesday, March 7th; Wednesday, March 8th; Thursday, March 9th
FINAL TECH: Friday, March 10th, 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Friday, March 10th, 4:00pm CALL; 7:30pm CURTAIN
Saturday, March 11th, 6:30pm CALL; 7:30pm CURTAIN
Sunday, March 12th, 1:00pm CALL; 2:00pm CURTAIN
WARM UP CLASSES (OPTIONAL):
Friday, March 10th, 3:00 – 3:45pm
Saturday, March 11th, 5:30 – 6:15pm
Sunday, March 12th, 12:00 – 12:45pm