center for the arts
Keshet Center for the Arts
The Keshet Center for the Arts (KCA) is a creative community anchor that educates, entertains and engages; housing and uniting the arts, the artist and the audience.
You can call the Keshet Center for the Arts Box Office directly at 505-227-8583. Email: BoxOffice@KeshetArts.org
Young Audiences Program
Each year Keshet hosts a School-Time Matinee Series where local school groups are invited to attend various shows for free. Keshet also hosts a Q & A with the dancers and choreographers after each performance and teachers are provided with a free curriculum guide for each show.
For booking information, please contact us at 505-224-9808 or email BoxOffice@KeshetArts.org
Sensory Friendly Performances
Keshet strives to make dance performance at Keshet Center for the Arts accessible to all. With this goal, designated performances have altered technical elements, smaller audience sizes, and break-out spaces for individuals to get up and move around, providing a welcoming setting for families.
Sensory adjustments include:
- House lights remain at half brightness during the entire performance.
- Fewer tickets are sold to allow you to spread out in seating.
- Entry and exit to the theater is not restricted. You may come and go as you please.
- Volunteers are stationed throughout the audience, lobby and outside the Keshet Center for the Arts to assist audience members.
- Quiet areas are designated in the lobby.
- Keshet dancers, staff, ushers and volunteers are receiving training to ensure an exemplary experience for you and your family.
See below for examples of detailed checklists, rules and a social narrative that has helped families know what to expect at every step of their trip to a Keshet sensory friendly performance.
- A Tip Sheet for the Sensory Friendly Performances
- Alice _Rules
- Getting to the theater VISUAL checklist
- Going to Keshet Center for the Arts to see Alice _Checklist
- Going to Keshet Center for the Arts to see Alice _Personal Narrative
- Watching Alice and leaving VISUAL checklist
- The Story of Alice, an adventure of wonder and wondering_handout
Upcoming Sensory Friendly Performances:
Contact BoxOffice@KeshetArts.org for upcoming sensory-friendly performances.
Rent the Space
The Keshet Center for the Arts has five rentable studios and a 240-seat black box theater.
For information on renting studio, theatre or office space at Keshet Center for the Arts, please e-mail Info@KeshetArts.org or call 505-224-9808.
BLACK BOX THEATER:
90’x 90’ (approximate)
A fully equipped performance space with truly unlimited possibilities. The removable dance floor is sprung wood with marley and measures approximately 60’x44.’
60′ x 50’
A spacious studio with sprung floor, well suited to large-scale rehearsals. This studio features beautiful natural lighting with ten skylights throughout the uncommonly high ceiling.
40′ x 40′
A comfortable, well-lit space with an upright piano in the corner.
39′ x 32′
A comfortable space with a sprung floor.
16′ x 24′
An intimate studio suite with a sprung floor.
ACCESS VIA STAIRS TO 2ND LEVEL
22’ x 30′
A cozy and private studio with no observation windows. Perfect for single-person rehearsals or private somatic practices.
KESHET IDEAS AND INNOVATION COMMUNITY (KIIC) OFFICE:
ACCESS VIA STAIRS TO 2ND LEVEL
11’ x 20’ 5”
This is a cozy meeting area with East and South facing windows.