2019 Choreographers’ Showcase!
Accepting submissions – November 1 until December 1, 2018 (see the Submission form in the To Participate tab below)
Showcase performances held at Keshet Center for the Arts, 4121 Cutler Ave NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico; February 2-3, 2019 Choreographers will be notified by December 15th if their piece has been accepted into the showcase (the first 60 minutes of material will be accepted. This is a non-juried event)
Out of town choreographers can request a “Keshet rate” at the Hampton Inn next door to the Keshet Center for the Arts. Limited rooms are available, and are not guaranteed, so request and secure your rooms early! Call the Hampton Inn – University/Midtown location at: 505-837-9300 to ask for the “Keshet rate”
Questions? Contact Ana at 505-224-9808 or email Ana@KeshetArts.org
Saturday, February 2, 6:30pm CALL; 7:30pm CURTAIN
Sunday, February 3, 1:00pm CALL; 2:00pm CURTAIN
WARM UP CLASSES (OPTIONAL):
Saturday, February 2, 5:30 – 6:15pm
Sunday, February 3, 12:00 – 12:45pm
The 2019 Choreographers’ Showcase is made possible in part through the support of the City of Albuquerque, Urban Enhancement Trust Fund. Thank you!
Choreographer submission details:
- 2019 Choreographer Showcase Submission Form (Accepted between Nov. 1 – Dec. 1, 2018 ONLY)
- Please fill out the Submission form completely and submit by December 1st, 2018
Submission does not guarantee placement in the showcase. The first 80 minutes of material submitted is placed in the showcase. You will be contacted by December 15th to confirm participation. If you have not submitted to Keshet before, you may be asked to submit a work sample (if the work is still in progress, that is fine).
WAYS TO SUBMIT WORKSAMPLE:
Mail: 4121 Cutler Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 In Person: Deliver to the address above (Attn: Ana) Email: Ana@KeshetArts.org
- Provide a high quality copy of your music for use during the showcase.
- Provide rehearsal footage of your piece (this does not need to be high-quality; footage from a phone is good enough). This footage will be used for the purposes of giving the lighting designer a rough idea of the show as well as determination of show order. This footage will not be used to determine whether or not your piece is accepted into the showcase.
- Choreographer and all performers must attend all required tech and performance times at Keshet Center for the Arts; performers not able to attend all required times will not be able to participate. Please make sure that all of your performers (dancers, musicians, etc.) understand this expectation clearly. No exceptions.
- All Tech and Performances will take place at Keshet Center for the Arts
- Individual Tech Time – a 50 minute time slot will be assigned upon participation confirmation for one of these three days between 12 – 8pm: Tuesday, January 29th Wednesday, January 30st Thursday, January 31st
- FINAL TECH: Friday, February 1st, 5:30pm – 8:30pm PERFORMANCES: Saturday, February 2nd , 6:30pm CALL; 7:30pm CURTAIN Sunday, February 3rd 1:00pm CALL; 2:00pm CURTAIN OPTIONAL WARM UP CLASSES: Saturday, February 2, 5:30 – 6:15pm Sunday, February 3, 12:00 – 12:45pm