Keshet is a thriving cultural organization in the community because of its amazing volunteers. This passionate group is the backbone of the organization, assisting with productions, organizing special events, selling ad space in the playbills, posting fliers around town along with many other crucial roles. Typically Keshet has the help of over 200 volunteers putting in thousands of hours over a given year. The following is a list of volunteer opportunities:
Adult Class Exchange Program (see below)
Specialized Needs for Productions – LEARN MORE
Ongoing Volunteer Activities – LEARN MORE
Adult Class Exchange Program
Keshet is looking for motivated and enthusiastic people to join our Adult Class Exchange team!
This program allows adults 18 and over to take class in exchange for work hours. The Adult Class Exchange – Full allows adults to work in exchange for class on a 1:1 bases- 1 hour of work= 1 hour of class. Don’t have that much time to complete your exchange hours? We also offer the Adult Class Exchange -Half! This program allows adults to pay half the cost and work half the hours. Depending on when you register, this could mean you’d pay as little as $6.30 per class!
For both Adult Class Exchange programs, hours danced and hours worked are predetermined and must be agreed upon by the Community Resource Manager and the participants prior to class registration. Interested? Please fill out an Adult Class Exchange Info Sheet or contact Keshet’s Community Resource Manager, Marissa Reynolds at Marissa@KeshetArts.org
The Adult Class Exchange Program has rolling enrollment, if you wish to dance in consecutive sessions, you are required to sign a new agreement with updated availability and class registration at the beginning of EACH session. Applicants must be 18 or older to apply and must participate in an interview and orientation/ training prior to acceptance into the program. No dance experience is necessary. Call, stop by or click on the link below for more information.
Specialized Needs for Productions
Help the performers backstage with costuming and placement for entrances. This role requires a background check and an attending a training session.
Includes mending, labeling and washing costumes as well as occasional costume creation.
Includes executing a variety of Front of House functions during a production, these include: guest services, ushering and merchandise sales. Keshet provides training for our KCA Docent team.
Ongoing Volunteer Activities
Keshet is always looking for volunteers to post flyers that promote the classes and shows at venues around Albuquerque and to help the Keshet staff keep the Keshet Center for the Arts clean. Cleaning responsibilities are flexible and varied.
Keshet Dance Company is a 501c3 non-profit and have been in good standing since 1996. Our EIN number is 85-0436623. A donation letter is sent to each donor for tax purposes. Your support of Keshet programming and operations is vital to serving our community locally, nationally and internationally.
Ways to give
- Online donations – CLICK HERE
- Call 505-224-9808 We can process credit cards over the phone
- Send a check, made out to “Keshet” to: Keshet Center for the Arts; 4121 Cutler Ave NE, Albuquerque NM 87110
- Shop with Amazon Smile: Follow this link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/85-0436623
Once you select Keshet Dance/Center for the Arts as your nonprofit, Keshet will receive 0.5% of the price of all your eligible smile.amazon.com purchases. However, we recommend you bookmark our custom link above so you don’t accidentally shop at www.amazon.com instead of smile.amazon.com. Only purchases made at smile.amazon.com are eligible for donations. Often supporters forget to type in smile.amazon.com before they start shopping at Amazon and unfortunately about 97% of Amazon purchases don’t go through AmazonSmile.
Tip: Make it easier using the browser extension Smilematic which will automatically redirect you to AmazonSmile whenever you shop at Amazon! Here’s your custom link: https://couponfollow.com/
- Smith’s Food & Drug launched Inspiring Donations: to give customers the opportunity to donate to local causes that matter to them.Participants, can link their rewards cards to Keshet Dance & Center for the Arts ( ) at smithsfoodanddrug.com/inspire. Purchases made using the linked rewards Cards will support Keshet! There is no cost to enroll for Smith’s Customers, and enrollment does not affect your participants’ fuel points or coupon discounts. Smith’s Inspiring Donations will donate 0.5% of every eligible purchase made by supporters to the Organization that the customer has linked to their rewards card.
- Employee Giving Programs: As of 2016, designated giving to “Keshet Dance Company” through United Way of Central New Mexico, incurs a 10% processing fee prior to being sent to Keshet.
- In-kind donations: All in-kind donations must be pre-approved. Please call 505.224.9808 for donations of physical items or services.
Where does your money go?
Online donors can designate a specific program area or indicate “where needed most.” In addition to credit card processing fees, online systems take a 3.5% cut for processing.
Classes & Workshops
Keshet Community Dance Classes run in three sessions throughout the year [Winter/Spring; Summer and Fall sessions]. Weekly classes are available for ages 2 through adult for all levels and abilities. LEARN MORE
Youth Class Exchange Program
Keshet offers unlimited non-competitive scholarships for youth (under 18 years). Scholarships are offered according to Community Dance Class sessions. If you wish to apply for the Youth Class Exchange Program, the application must be completed by a parent or legal guardian, in person [15 min. prior to your first class is fine.] LEARN MORE
Adult Class Exchange Program – LEARN MORE
Dance Camps and Intensives – LEARN MORE
KIIC Arts Business Workshops
Keshet Ideas and Innovation Community (KIIC) offers arts business workshops for any artist or arts entrepreneur. KIIC Members may attend these workshops for free, however non-members are welcome for a workshop fee of $15 per attendee [unless otherwise noted]. To learn more about the next KIIC Arts Business Workshop – CLICK HERE
Interested in joining the Keshet team?
Position: Business Advancement Systems Manager
Reports to: Director of Business Advancement
Status: Salaried, exempt, full-time (30-40/week, negotiable)
Hiring Timeline: Applications will be accepted through September 29, 2020
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, October 1-25
Position will begin in Oct/Nov 2020, with a flexible start date available
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Lindsay Shettlesworth, HR Director
lindsay@KeshetArts.org prior to COB Sept 29, 2020.
Cover letter should specifically address qualification requirements listed below
Organization Information: Keshet Dance and Center for the Arts
4121 Cutler Ave NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110
www.KeshetArts.org / 505.224.9808
• Keshet’s Business Advancement Systems Manager supports the mission of Keshet “to inspire and unite community by fostering unlimited possibilities through dance, mentorship, and a creative space for the arts.”
• Keshet’s Business Advancement Systems Manager is expected to take responsibility for the execution, quality, efficacy, and accuracy of this role, in active communication with the Director of Business Advancement and the Artistic Director.
• This position includes managing key relationships with funders, stakeholders, and staff to accomplish goals, in addition to data management, program evaluation, and maintaining records to support effective operations and provide accurate, timely financial and program data information to management. It requires a high level of collaboration and integration with Keshet’s work, management of administration and logistics, and attention to detail.
• While directives, calendars, processes, and deliverables are certainly a key part of this position, there is also the expectation that the Business Advancement Systems Manager is an active voice in developing and instigating new ideas, and participates as a thought-partner within Keshet operations and organizational development.
Keshet’s Business Advancement Systems Manager will support Keshet operations in the areas of fundraising data and systems, program evaluation and data management, and more. This is a newly created position which is intended to grow and evolve in support of the organization. Anticipated regular activities and responsibilities include:
• Supporting the Director of Business Advancement with donor data management
• Supporting the Artistic Director with program data and evaluation – establishing new evaluation systems and integrating into program operations
• Supporting and maintaining Keshet’s NM Arts and Justice Network’s Resource Directory data
• Overseeing organizational rental contracts and managing tenant communication and financial transactions in Altru (Blackbaud-based software)
• Establishing and maintaining systems for the tracking and reporting of fundraising data in Altru
• Supporting fundraising campaigns and donor communications through the maintenance and reporting of donor data and contact information
• Preparing regular program and fundraising data reports (for directors, departments, board meetings, etc)
• Preparing program evaluation and data reports for grant applications and grant reporting
• Maintaining program data reporting and filings with government entities
• Collecting and analyzing program and/or fundraising data
• Creating systems and policies to support data integrity
• Interfacing with advancement data entry and systems to support Keshet’s fundraising efforts and integration with financials
• Other duties as directed by the Director of Business Advancement and/or Artistic Director
The position requires the following experience:
• Experience in reconciliation of multiple database interfaces
• Experience in data/evaluation reporting for non-profit grant applications and awards, via both government and foundation funding allocations
• Experience communicating and negotiating with stakeholders, patrons, funders, clients, etc.
The position requires the following skills, proficiencies, and personality traits:
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs and ability to develop skills in new database programs (MindBody and Altru via Blackbaud) and data presentation/analysis software
• Detail oriented
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic team environment
• Passion for non-profit arts and community business environment
Dance Instructors – Ongoing
Dance instructors of all styles looking for new teaching opportunities are welcome to send a cover letter and resume to Lindsay Shettlesworth, Human Resources Director. Submitting a video reel of dance instruction or choreography is encouraged. Email: Lindsay@KeshetArts.org Mail to: Keshet Center for the Arts Attn: Lindsay Shettlesworth 4121 Cutler Ave NE Albuquerque, NM 87110
Arts Administration and Special Event Internship Opportunities
Keshet seeks candidates interested in learning about Arts Administration and Special Event coordination. Interns will gain in-depth experience and will learn how various departments work together to achieve the organization’s goals. Interns will also gain nonprofit administrative experience which can include; basic budgeting, project management, business writing, customer service and introductory database training. A commitment of 15-30 hrs/ wk for 12 weeks is required.
- Superb attention to detail;
- Responsible, reliable and efficient;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills (English) Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and general internet proficiency
- Background in dance, music, theater or performing arts is preferred
- Complimentary dance or fitness classes at Keshet
- Complimentary ticket to performances held at Keshet Center for the Arts
- Completion of any practicum/ work experience/ school credit paperwork; Apply to: Lindsay@KeshetArts.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
I am a dance artist/educator who has not worked with Keshet before and I would like to teach a Master Class at Keshet, how can I offer my Master Class at the Keshet Center for the Arts?
We generally do not accept unsolicited requests to teach Master Class events at Keshet. Master Classes at Keshet are generally taught by artists who are working with Keshet on other projects related to Keshet program initiatives – commonly through our International Guest Artist Series, our Makers Space Experience, or by artists we have developed long-term relationships with through other programs/projects.
I am not partnering with Keshet on any projects, can I just rent space to teach my master class?
While we regularly rent space to dancers/choreographers for rehearsals and productions, we generally do not rent out space for dance artists teach master classes unrelated to other Keshet programs/partnerships. A great space to do something like this is Maple Street Dance – they have a great facility in Nob Hill, and regularly rent space for dance artists to teach master classes in a wide range of styles, schedules, etc!
How would you suggest I get more involved with Keshet to develop a long-term relationship that would result in my master class/es being offered at Keshet?
Generally showing up and hanging out with us is the best way to do this! Some ways to do this include; coming to take class, joining us for any of our Makers Mixers during the year, joining us for any activities that support arts entrepreneurs like yourself, applying to the Makers Space Experience, and keeping an eye out for any events that align with your projects and goals that you’d like to jump into with us! Also, send your resume to our HR Director (Lindsay@KeshetArts.org), with a cover letter specifying what you are interested in doing with Keshet, for instance – Is it just a one-time Master Class that you are hoping to teach? Would you like to teach more regularly at Keshet? Are you looking to be hired as a dancer? As a choreographer? As a combination of these things? How does your work align with Keshet’s mission and program initiatives?
Keshet prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Keshet is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. Our equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures, including opportunity for employment and treatment as an employee, as well as opportunities for consultants to contract with the organization. Keshet is committed to building a staff that reflects the diversity of our communities. Working towards the goal of a diverse team, our policy extends to both staff and consultants.
Keshet is committed to investing in the leadership of formerly incarcerated and systems-impacted people. People who identify as Black, Brown, Indigenous, POC, women, queer, trans, and formerly incarcerated or systems-impacted are encouraged to apply. Keshet does not discourage or discriminate against people with convictions. You will not be asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime on the application or interview.