Keshet is a thriving cultural organization in the community because of its amazing volunteers. This passionate group is the backbone of the organization, assisting with productions, organizing special events, posting fliers around town along with many other crucial roles. Typically Keshet has the help of over 200 volunteers putting in thousands of hours over a given year.
Specialized Needs for Productions
Help the performers backstage with costuming and placement for entrances. This role requires a background check and an attending a training session.
Includes mending, labeling and washing costumes as well as occasional costume creation.
Includes executing a variety of Front of House functions during a production, these include: guest services, ushering and merchandise sales. Keshet provides training for our KCA Docent team.
Ongoing Volunteer Activities
Keshet is always looking for volunteers to post flyers that promote the classes and shows at venues around Albuquerque and to help the Keshet staff keep the Keshet Center for the Arts clean. Cleaning responsibilities are flexible and varied.
For more information regarding volunteering, please contact Marissa@Keshetarts.org
Keshet Dance Company is a 501c3 non-profit and have been in good standing since 1996. Our EIN number is 85-0436623. A donation letter is sent to each donor for tax purposes. Your support of Keshet programming and operations is vital to serving our community locally, nationally and internationally.
Ways to give
- Online donations – CLICK HERE
- Call 505-224-9808 We can process credit cards over the phone
- Send a check, made out to “Keshet” to: Keshet Center for the Arts; 4121 Cutler Ave NE, Albuquerque NM 87110
- Smith’s Food & Drug launched Inspiring Donations: to give customers the opportunity to donate to local causes that matter to them. Participants, can link their rewards cards to Keshet Dance & Center for the Arts ( ) at smithsfoodanddrug.com/inspire. Purchases made using the linked rewards Cards will support Keshet! There is no cost to enroll for Smith’s Customers, and enrollment does not affect your participants’ fuel points or coupon discounts. Smith’s Inspiring Donations will donate 0.5% of every eligible purchase made by supporters to the Organization that the customer has linked to their rewards card.
- Employee Giving Programs: As of 2016, designated giving to “Keshet Dance Company” through United Way of Central New Mexico, incurs a 10% processing fee prior to being sent to Keshet.
- In-kind donations: All in-kind donations must be pre-approved. Please call 505.224.9808 for donations of physical items or services.
Interested in joining the Keshet team?
Reports To: Director of Business Advancement
Status: Exempt, Full Time
To Apply: Send cover letter & resume to Lindsay Shettlesworth, HR Director, info@KeshetArts.org
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Download a PDF HERE: Job Description – Advancement Director
The Advancement Director will advance Keshet’s mission and support Keshet’s programming by leading Keshet’s Individual and Corporate fundraising programs, as well as supporting Foundation and Government fundraising, developing new resources, cultivating supportive financial and programmatic relationships, and ensuring effective use of fundraising data.
• Lead the creation and implementation of fundraising plans, strategies, and systems to increase fundraising goals in support of growing programming, working closely with the Director of Business Advancement, Director of Programming, and Artistic Director
• Develop fundraising data management systems to track progress toward goals outlined in fundraising plans, actively using Keshet’s fundraising database, Altru
• Develop and track proposals and reports for all government, foundation and
corporate fundraising, in collaboration with Keshet’s grant writer and leadership
• Create and maintain relationships and communications with donors, potential
donors, community partners, and funders
• Identify prospective individual, corporate, foundation, and government donors
and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, corporations, and
• Implement donor stewardship opportunities, including acknowledgement letters,
cards, and other innovative donor stewardship methods
• Develop and maintain donor data management and correspondence
• Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising and
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field and/or 5+ years of fundraising experience
• Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills
• Experience working collaboratively and developing relationships
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational abilities
• Ability to manage multiple schedules and activities simultaneously
• Ability to thrive and maintain goals and deadlines in a dynamic, fluid, team
• Working knowledge of information systems, database management, computers,
and word processing
• Background or experience working in the fields of dance, the arts, and/or social
• Knowledge of the Albuquerque fundraising community or experience connecting with new communities
This position will be in-person, based in Albuquerque, NM
Dance Instructors – Ongoing
Dance instructors of all styles looking for new teaching opportunities are welcome to send a cover letter and resume to Lindsay Shettlesworth, Human Resources Director. Submitting a video reel of dance instruction or choreography is encouraged. Email: Lindsay@KeshetArts.org Mail to: Keshet Center for the Arts Attn: Lindsay Shettlesworth 4121 Cutler Ave NE Albuquerque, NM 87110
Arts Administration and Special Event Internship Opportunities
Keshet seeks candidates interested in learning about Arts Administration and Special Event coordination. Interns will gain in-depth experience and will learn how various departments work together to achieve the organization’s goals. Interns will also gain nonprofit administrative experience which can include; basic budgeting, project management, business writing, customer service and introductory database training. A commitment of 15-30 hrs/ wk for 12 weeks is required.
- Superb attention to detail;
- Responsible, reliable and efficient;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills (English) Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and general internet proficiency
- Background in dance, music, theater or performing arts is preferred
- Complimentary dance or fitness classes at Keshet
- Complimentary ticket to performances held at Keshet Center for the Arts
- Completion of any practicum/ work experience/ school credit paperwork; Apply to: Lindsay@KeshetArts.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
I am a dance artist/educator who has not worked with Keshet before and I would like to teach a Master Class at Keshet, how can I offer my Master Class at the Keshet Center for the Arts?
We generally do not accept unsolicited requests to teach Master Class events at Keshet. Master Classes at Keshet are generally taught by artists who are working with Keshet on other projects related to Keshet program initiatives – commonly through our International Guest Artist Series, our Makers Space Experience, or by artists we have developed long-term relationships with through other programs/projects.
I am not partnering with Keshet on any projects, can I just rent space to teach my master class?
While we regularly rent space to dancers/choreographers for rehearsals and productions, we generally do not rent out space for dance artists teach master classes unrelated to other Keshet programs/partnerships. A great space to do something like this is Maple Street Dance – they have a great facility in Nob Hill, and regularly rent space for dance artists to teach master classes in a wide range of styles, schedules, etc!
How would you suggest I get more involved with Keshet to develop a long-term relationship that would result in my master class/es being offered at Keshet?
Generally showing up and hanging out with us is the best way to do this! Some ways to do this include; coming to take class, joining us for any of our Makers Mixers during the year, joining us for any activities that support arts entrepreneurs like yourself, applying to the Makers Space Experience, and keeping an eye out for any events that align with your projects and goals that you’d like to jump into with us! Also, send your resume to our HR Director (Lindsay@KeshetArts.org), with a cover letter specifying what you are interested in doing with Keshet, for instance – Is it just a one-time Master Class that you are hoping to teach? Would you like to teach more regularly at Keshet? Are you looking to be hired as a dancer? As a choreographer? As a combination of these things? How does your work align with Keshet’s mission and program initiatives?
Keshet prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Keshet is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. Our equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures, including opportunity for employment and treatment as an employee, as well as opportunities for consultants to contract with the organization. Keshet is committed to building a staff that reflects the diversity of our communities. Working towards the goal of a diverse team, our policy extends to both staff and consultants.
Keshet is committed to investing in the leadership of formerly incarcerated and systems-impacted people. People who identify as Black, Brown, Indigenous, POC, women, queer, trans, and formerly incarcerated or systems-impacted are encouraged to apply. Keshet does not discourage or discriminate against people with convictions. You will not be asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime on the application or interview.