Spring session dancers:
Be part of the 2019 Spring Concert Series!
In order to participate you must be able to do the following:
- A parent must fill out the ONLINE participation form by April 7th .
Select the appropriate button to the right.
- Attend the FULL rehearsals and performances for your cast. – Your cast assignment (Apples or Oranges or Kiwis) and the corresponding rehearsal/performance schedule is based on the class you regularly take.
Keshet is a thriving cultural organization in the community because of its amazing volunteers. This passionate group is the backbone of the organization, assisting with productions, organizing special events, selling ad space in the playbills, posting fliers around town along with many other crucial roles. Typically Keshet has the help of over 200 volunteers putting in thousands of hours over a given year.
The following is a list of volunteer opportunities:
Work/Study Program (see below)
Specialized Needs for Productions – LEARN MORE
Ongoing Volunteer Activities – LEARN MORE
Sign up for Keshet’s Work/Study Program and take dance classes in exchange for work hours. For every hour worked, participants are eligible for one hour of dance instruction within Keshet’s Community Class Schedule. The WorkStudy Program will no longer be per dance session, but instead, with a required three month commitment regardless of when you enroll. Applicants must be 18 or older to apply and must participate in an interview and orientation/training prior to acceptance into the program. No dance experience is necessary. Call, stop by, or click on the link below for more information.
Specialized Needs for Productions
Help the performers backstage with costuming and placement for entrances. This role requires a background check and an attending a training session.
Includes mending, labeling and washing costumes as well as occasional costume creation.
Includes executing a variety of Front of House functions during a production, these include: guest services, ushering and merchandise sales. Keshet provides training for our KCA Docent team.
Ongoing Volunteer Activities
Keshet is always looking for volunteers to post flyers that promote the classes and shows at venues around Albuquerque and to help the Keshet staff keep the Keshet Center for the Arts clean. Cleaning responsibilities are flexible and varied.
For more information regarding volunteering, please contact Marissa@Keshetarts.org
Keshet Dance Company is a 501c3 non-profit and have been in good standing since 1996. Our EIN number is 85-0436623. A donation letter is sent to each donor for tax purposes. Your support of Keshet programming and operations is vital to serving our community locally, nationally and internationally.
Ways to give
- Online donations – CLICK HERE
- Call 505-224-9808 We can process Visa or Mastercard over the phone
- Send a check, made out to “Keshet” to: Keshet Center for the Arts; 4121 Cutler Ave NE, Albuquerque NM 87110
- Shop with Amazon Smile: Follow this link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/85-0436623
Once you select Keshet Dance/Center for the Arts as your nonprofit, Keshet will receive 0.5% of the price of all your eligible smile.amazon.com purchases, regardless of whether you use the unique AmazonSmile link to return to the site. However, we recommend you bookmark our custom link above so you don’t accidentally shop at www.amazon.com instead of smile.amazon.com. Only purchases made at smile.amazon.com are eligible for donations.
- Smith’s Food & Drug launched Inspiring Donations: to give customers the opportunity to donate to local causes that matter to them.Participants, can link their rewards cards to Keshet Dance & Center for the Arts ( ) at smithsfoodanddrug.com/inspire. Purchases made using the linked rewards Cards will support Keshet! There is no cost to enroll for Smith’s Customers, and enrollment does not affect your participants’ fuel points or coupon discounts. Smith’s Inspiring Donations will donate 0.5% of every eligible purchase made by supporters to the Organization that the customer has linked to their rewards card.
- Employee Giving Programs: As of 2016, designated giving to “Keshet Dance Company” through United Way of Central New Mexico, incurs a 10% processing fee prior to being sent to Keshet.
- In-kind donations: All in-kind donations must be pre-approved. Please call 505.224.9808 for donations of physical items or services.
Where does your money go?
Online donors can designate a specific program area or indicate “where needed most.” In addition to credit card processing fees, online systems take a 3.5% cut for processing.
Classes & Workshops
Keshet Community Dance Classes run in three sessions throughout the year [Winter/Spring; Summer and Fall sessions]. Weekly classes are available for ages 2 through adult for all levels and abilities. LEARN MORE
Keshet offers unlimited non-competitive scholarships for youth (under 18 years). Scholarships are run according to Community Dance sessions. If you wish to apply for a Youth Scholarship, the application must be completed by a parent or legal guardian, in person [15 min. prior to your first class is fine.] LEARN MORE
Adult Work/Study Program – LEARN MORE
Dance Camps and Intensives – LEARN MORE
KIIC Arts Business Workshops
Keshet Ideas and Innovation Community (KIIC) offers arts business workshops for any artist or arts entrepreneur. KIIC Members may attend these workshops for free, however non-members are welcome for a workshop fee of $15 per attendee [unless otherwise noted]. To learn more about the next KIIC Arts Business Workshop – CLICK HERE
Interested in joining the Keshet team?
Dance Instructors – Ongoing
Dance instructors of all styles looking for new teaching opportunities are welcome to send a cover letter and resume to Lindsay Shettlesworth, Human Resources Director. Submitting a video reel of dance instruction or choreography is encouraged.
Mail to: Keshet Center for the Arts
Attn: Lindsay Shettlesworth
4121 Cutler Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Arts Administration and Special Event Internship Opportunities
Keshet seeks candidates interested in learning about Arts Administration and Special Event coordination. Interns will gain in-depth experience and will learn how various departments work together to achieve the organization’s goals. Interns will also gain nonprofit administrative experience which can include; basic budgeting, project management, business writing, customer service and introductory database training. A commitment of 15-30 hrs/ wk for 12 weeks is required.
- Superb attention to detail;
- Responsible, reliable and efficient;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills (English) Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and general internet proficiency
- Background in dance, music, theater or performing arts is preferred
- Complimentary dance or fitness classes at Keshet
- Complimentary ticket to performances held at Keshet Center for the Arts
- Completion of any practicum/ work experience/ school credit paperwork; Apply to: Lindsay@KeshetArts.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
I am a dance artist/educator who has not worked with Keshet before and I would like to teach a Master Class at Keshet, how can I offer my Master Class at the Keshet Center for the Arts?
We generally do not accept unsolicited requests to teach Master Class events at Keshet. Master Classes at Keshet are generally taught by artists who are working with Keshet on other projects related to Keshet program initiatives – commonly through our International Guest Artist Series, our Makers Space Experience, or by artists we have developed long-term relationships with through other programs/projects.
I am not partnering with Keshet on any projects, can I just rent space to teach my master class?
While we regularly rent space to dancers/choreographers for rehearsals and productions, we generally do not rent out space for dance artists teach master classes unrelated to other Keshet programs/partnerships. A great space to do something like this is Maple Street Dance – they have a great facility in Nob Hill, and regularly rent space for dance artists to teach master classes in a wide range of styles, schedules, etc!
How would you suggest I get more involved with Keshet to develop a long-term relationship that would result in my master class/es being offered at Keshet?
Generally showing up and hanging out with us is the best way to do this! Some ways to do this include; coming to take class, joining us for any of our Makers Mixers during the year, joining us for any activities that support arts entrepreneurs like yourself, applying to the Makers Space Experience, and keeping an eye out for any events that align with your projects and goals that you’d like to jump into with us! Also, send your resume to our HR Director (Lindsay@KeshetArts.org), with a cover letter specifying what you are interested in doing with Keshet, for instance – Is it just a one-time Master Class that you are hoping to teach? Would you like to teach more regularly at Keshet? Are you looking to be hired as a dancer? As a choreographer? As a combination of these things? How does your work align with Keshet’s mission and program initiatives?