DATE: TUESDAY, MARCH 24TH
Dear lovely Keshet community,
I hope this update finds you all healthy, grounded, and among loved ones. Your health and safety are top priority and we urge you all to practice measures to protect yourselves and others – which includes staying home as much as possible. To do our continued part to care for and support our friends, families, health care workers, and our community, Keshet will be extending our suspension of in-person programming until May 10, 2020. Read further for what this means in more detail, but we want you to know that we love you all, and while we cannot gather as a community in person, this does not prevent us from having community in other virtual ways. We hold steadfast to our mission of “inspiring and uniting community by fostering unlimited possibilities through dance, mentorship, and a creative space for the arts” and we are so honored that you are all a part of bringing this mission to life!
We encourage you to:
- Stay connected and engaged! Take classes online, keep moving, keep making art!
- Get support! Learn about the many resources available for families, artists, businesses! We’ve gathered many links in this email, but more are cropping up every day!
- Advocate and organize! You can help ensure that artists, businesses, health care workers, and others that you care about are supported during this challenging time by contacting your congresspeople, documenting impact, and more!
Thank you all for your critical support of the arts in our community. We will continue to dance, we will continue to create, we will continue to unite, and we will continue to foster unlimited possibilities. Stay connected (from home!), and stay well.
Shira and the Keshet Team
For Community resources related to COVID-19 click on our Community Noticeboard: https://keshetarts.org/community-noticeboard
Keshet programming is suspended through May 10th.
What does this mean for me as a student or parent?
- YOUTH & ADULT COMMUNITY CLASSES:
If you have pre-paid for any class packages, these packages will be honored when we are able to re-open our doors. From the time that we are able to re-open, we will honor your class packages, class cards, and scholarship packages for a full year from that date. If you have any questions about this, please reach out to ana@KeshetArts.org. In the meantime, Keshet will be sending out free, online community class opportunities to stay connected with your Keshet family during this time of social distance! Find the Facebook event on our Facebook page for the link to a weekly Zoom dance party – Thursdays at 4:30 MST! Keep an eye on your email, and the Keshet Facebook page for more weekly community classes coming your way!
Community Class previously scheduled payments:
If you are making a monthly payment for classes (either a general payment or adjusted scholarship program payment) and you are able to continue making these payments, we certainly appreciate this! If you are not able to continue your payments right now, we understand! Either way, if you can reach out to ana@KeshetArts.org and let her know your plan, this is greatly appreciated! She will be connecting with all students/families over the coming week or two.
2. KP3 & JUMP PROGRAMMING: KP3 & JUMP has moved online!
Your faculty has been creating amazing online content for you, and has a fantastic hybrid structure rolling which includes a mix of pre-recorded online classes that have be created over the past week (and we will continue to develop new content over the coming weeks) along with live Zoom classes happening each week. Any questions on JUMP or KP3 curriculum, please contact sarah@KeshetArts.org
Financial Questions – program payments for KP3 and JUMP:
- If your family’s financial situation has changed due to COVID-19, and you need to adjust your payment plan, please let us know and we will make sure to accommodate your situation! We do not want your access to Keshet to be limited in this time for any financial reason! We are here for you!
- If you are able to continue making your KP3/JUMP payments as planned, we very much appreciate this, and we are committed to continuing your students KP3 & JUMP training through the remainder of the semester as planned.
- If you are in a position to add a donation to your previously intended KP3 or JUMP payments, we truly appreciate this! All donations of all sizes will help us during this challenging time!
3. SPRING CONCERT PERFORMANCES (Apples, Oranges, Kiwis):
For the safety of our community, these performances have unfortunately been cancelled. We are currently planning an additional online opportunity in which we can join together as a cast and enjoy works-in-progress variations that would have been part of your community performance pieces! More information to come from ana@KeshetArts.org about this upcoming, online gathering!
4. VOLUNTEER HOURS:
Work Study & Youth Scholarship Programs
If you owed any hours for your Spring Semester Work/Study or Youth Scholarship class trade – those hours (ALL of them) have all been honored. We look forward to re-engaging our amazing volunteer community when we are able to be back together again! If you have any questions about this, please contact marissa@KeshetArts.org.
We will be honoring all of the KP3 hours you would have been completing during this semester, tracking all of the classes, camps, and concerts you would have been assisting, etc. If you have any questions, and/or if this still leaves you are short on any hours, contact Marissa, and we will find something creative (and virtual) you can do to help your Keshet community during this time!